Some reflections on the site so far
November 15th, 2009
I believe the site's took taken shape (thank you Julia) and is fully working. If anyone finds any usability bugs please do get in touch, though.
Things I have learnt in the last couple of weeks:
- Some basic PHP
- How nice (so far) Dreamhost are, even if they do keep trying to sell me a private server.
- The loveliness and forgiving nature of HTML 5
- How the best designs in Photoshop are the accidental ones
- That I actually find it easier to hand code than use Dreamweaver and go through its menus.
- The importance of typography
- The importance of accessibility
- How WordPress works and how to customise templates.